Blessed are you, O Lord our God, maker of all things.
Through your goodness you have blessed us with these gifts.
With them we offer ourselves to your service
and dedicate our lives to the care and redemption of all that you have made,
for the sake of him who gave himself for us, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
– Lutheran Book of Worship, p. 88
Stewardship is a way of life. It is about God’s mission of which we all are a part. It is not simply a focus once a year, nor is it primarily about fundraising or meeting a church budget. Rather, stewardship is about worshiping God with our whole lives by dedicating ourselves to God’s service and participating with God in the care and redemption of all creation.
Here’s how Gloria Dei envisions stewardship: “celebrating the abundance and the value of God’s gifts, practicing sustainability and generosity as joyful expressions of God’s love for all creation.”
Through Gloria Dei, all are welcome to grow as stewards of God’s gracious gifts:
- Green Team – encouraging the practice of sustainability in our life together, honoring the biblical mandate to care for the earth, and seeking to reflect
- God’s redemptive love for all creation.
- Building and Grounds – maintaining and renovating Gloria Dei’s 1906 building and property as an instrument for ministry for the 21st Century.
- Financial Giving – opening ourselves to God’s generous Spirit through regular offering, online giving, planned giving, and the mission endowment fund.
To get in touch with a leader in any of these ministry areas, please contact the church office: email@example.com.