Service & Justice
It is Gloria Dei’s vision that our social action be rooted in God’s justice and compassion, caring for local and global neighbors with courage, dignity, and attention to the whole person. In our church constitution, we recognize our calling to “Serve in response to God’s love to meet human needs, caring for the sick and the aged, advocating dignity and justice for all people, working for peace and reconciliation among the nations, and standing with the poor and the powerless and committing to their needs.”
Gloria Dei seeks to live out this vision of addressing human need through direct service and care, advocacy and solidarity with the marginalized, and active participation in other service organizations. All are welcome to participate in Gloria Dei’s ministry of service – for and with others in the community.
- Free Neighborhood Breakfast – 4th Saturday of the month
- Charity and Service – CHUM Shelter, Food Shelf, Gabriel Fund assistance, Tax Preparation Service
- Fighting Hunger – ELCA World Hunger Appeal, CROP Walk, and Ruby’s Pantry
- Health Ministries – Care Team for Homebound Members
- Welcoming Ministries – RIC/Welcoming Ministries and Reconciling Works
Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.” – Matthew 25:40
To get in touch with a leader of any of these Service & Justice groups, please contact us.